Monday, July 5, 2010

Hello 2010 Season

It has been a while since I posted my last blog, but with high school done and out of the way I am sure I will find more time to post.
I will provide you with a recap from the beginning of this season.
-In April I was fortunate enough to be selected to race in Monterrey, Mexico for the Youth Olympic Games Qualifier. This was probably the best race of my Junior career and I finished 5th. I missed out on qualifying to the YOG, however, all in all it was a great experience and my first international experience. Congratulations to Christine Ridenour for getting the spot and good luck in Singapore.
-In May I was back in Mexico but this time in Ixtapa for PATCO. After flying in the night before the race and almost drowning in 3 meter waves, the race was changed to a duathlon. I had a solid race and finished 17th.
-Finally! The most recent race was in Coteau-Du-Lac which was a Junior Series race. I placed 8th at this one and again it was not one of my best races, but I finished with alot of things to work on. Lots of room for improvement. Especially in the technical area of triathlon.
I have been in Ottawa for the past couple of days training with my team the Bytown Storm. I have had a blast training with everyone and it a lot easier to do workouts with my teammates.
The next Jr. Series race in Saskatchewan this weekend and I am looking forward to racing and gaining more experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment