Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tough Day at the Office

I am home from Saskatoon and what a tough race day it was. My swimming lately has been an inconsistent part of my races. Sometimes I am right where I want to be and other times I am way back. This second Jr. Race at Sask. was one of the way back there swims. I got out of the water about a 15 seconds back from second pack and I wasn't able to catch them on the bike. Unfortunately I soloed practically the whole race and both lead pack and chase pack gained time on me. I still managed to average 35km/h on my own. If this was a non-drafting race then this result would be solid. Oh well! This race was a great experience and it definitely showed me what areas I need to work on. I am back at it, training with my team and learning those much needed skills. Like sprinting on a bike! I have a solid week of training and then off to Quebec for the next race!

No comments:

Post a Comment